Rates & Fine Print
- NO separate Captain’s fees
- NO separate Fuel Charges
- NO Guesswork or Surprises about the cost of the trip
Private Charter Options:
- Full day, half-day, and customizable water taxi trips available for up to 12 guests
- We now offer private sunset cruises as well; min of 4 passengers and max of 8.
- Each trip has a unique itinerary with no set timetables at locations. No two trips are ever the same!
- All pick ups & drop offs are either on St. Thomas at American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook or on St. John at the National Park dock in Cruz Bay.
All Pricing Includes:
- Captain & Boat- maximum 12 passengers
- Complimentary Snacks, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Rum Punch, Plain Punch, Fresh Water, and Ice for all-day trips. Sunset Cruises also include wine, dessert and charcuterie board.
- Head (Marine Toilet) in Separate Bathroom with Sink
- Fresh Water Rinse after Snorkeling/Swimming
- Room Below Deck to Change & Store your Personal Belongings
- Snorkel Gear for our Day Trips
- A Variety of Floats/Noodles
- Adult & Child Life Jackets (For infants and children under 30 pounds, please bring your own life jacket.)
What You Need to Bring:
- **We are now asking every passenger, ages 3 years old and older, to bring a mask to keep in your bag or to wear only while leaving and entering the harbor, if government boats are inspecting. This is per the US Coast Guard’s new guidelines and prevents each guest from getting a $1,000 fine. You are not required to wear it while on board throughout the day.**
- If you’d prefer another beverage or snack besides those listed above, please feel free to bring it along. We have a large cooler on board.
- REEF SAFE Sunscreen only; The Virgin Islands recently passed a law “banning the sale, importation, or possession of any sunscreen containing oxybenzone, octoerylene, or octinoxate”. Please read this article to make sure you bring the correct sunscreen on board. Click here.
- BVI Charters: Require Passports and $70 CASH per person for customs and immigration fees independent of Island Flyer. *At this time, the BVIs is still closed to day charters from the US because of COVID regulations. As soon as we are able, we will be taking guests here if they prefer. Since March 2020, we have had more than enough to do and see in the beautiful US waters!!*
- For infants and children under 30 pounds, please bring your own lifejacket
- If you cancel 15+ days before the scheduled date of a charter, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit and/or the full cost of charter.*
- If you cancel 14 days or less before the scheduled date of a charter, you will receive a 50% refund of the deposit and/or the full cost of charter.*
- When you reserve a charter, we do not book anyone else for that day. Our booking policy is to meet at the boat at the agreed time and place on the day of the trip. No shows at the dock by customers on the day of the charter will not receive a refund.
- If the charter trip is canceled by the Captain due to bad weather, unsafe conditions, acts of God or circumstances beyond Island Flyer Catamaran Charter’s control, we will try to re-book your charter for a better day, if your schedule allows. Otherwise, we will refund your entire deposit.
- For sunset cruises, if the minimum of 4 passengers is not met within 24 hrs of departure time, the trip will be canceled and the paid customers will be refunded 100%.
If your trip to the Virgin Islands is cancelled because of anything COVID-19 related, you will be refunded at 100% after proper documentation is submitted to us (doctor’s note, email of villa canceling your stay, email of airline canceling your flight.)
The captain of a vessel has overriding authority on board the ship, therefore his/her word, is law. This is enshrined both in the International Safety Management (ISM) Code Sec. 5.2 and in the International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Chapter 5 Regulation 34-1, which gives the captain the right to make any call necessary in order to protect the life of persons on board or to safeguard the vessel. They even have more power than the ship’s owner. On a civilian vessel, the Captain has the authority to put off passengers who are verbally or physically abusive towards any crew member. The captain decides where the vessel goes and the owners support their decision about cancelling trips due to disruptive and abusive behavior by customers. It will not be tolerated and you will not be refunded if your trip is cut short or cancelled due to poor behavior by anyone in your group.
- For full & half-day trips, lunch is on your own at one of our unique beach bars and restaurants. There’s a pizza boat in a quiet cove or a swim-up floating taco bar where you can grab some lunch. You’re welcome to bring your own lunch if you like… we have a cooler on board!
- Please call about multi-day discounts.
- Gratuity for Captain is at your discretion for a job well done- 15% – 20% is the norm, as in any service industry.
- Island Flyer is a 2018, 2019, & 2020 Certificate of Excellence award winner from TripAdvisor. Click the TripAdvisor link below to see what people are saying.
- Please note that safety is the number one priority for us. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences, but if the weather changes the day of the trip, the itinerary for the day is ultimately up to the sole discretion of our Captain.
- If you are a licensed broker & want to be an approved affiliate of Island Flyer, please contact us to discuss the process and commission rate.
- If you are an individual who works as a captain, concierge, taxi driver, or any other individual that is employed elsewhere without a broker license, and is interested in working with us to secure bookings, these are the commission rates and are subject to change without notice. Full day trips have a $100 referral fee and half day trips have $75 referral fee. We will pay you via Paypal, Venmo or Zelle after the charter is complete. Please contact us to see if dates are available and give us the information so we are able to pay you. Thank you.